Monday, March 13, 2006

Priorities

I'm all for the environment--my kids think I'm insane because I try to conserve water, reuse paper, and so on (okay, I was raised by depression-era parents, but it's really my conservationist leanings that motivate me)--and preserving our animal kingdom. But the U.S. government investing $10 million dollars to help Cornell scientists confirm (or deny) a report that a thought-to-be-extinct species of woodpecker has reemerged seems like a skewed decision in a world where that money could be used for so many other good purposes--too numerous to mention.

Given all the people projects--medical research and other things--in our country that need funds, this report almost makes me think the U.S. government believes it has unlimited money. But that's just me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home