Monday, October 03, 2005

HeartMath for the dying?

I've been away from using the Freeze Framer for "achieving heart coherence" for the past couple of weeks--too much running around. Earlier it had occurred to me that a biofeedback mechanism like this might be useful for helping terminal cancer patients overcome anxiety--one of many symptoms common to dying patients.

But I realized that this exercise takes solid concentration and the ability to focus your attention on a couple of things at once--the very things that would likely be difficult for anyone in pain or heavily medicated as many dying patients may be. And I realized that if I get afraid to do it--because I feel insecure about my performance--how would people so intensely engaged in facing the greatest challenge of their lives ever be able to focus?

But I still wish they could do some research.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home